Report to: Chief Executive Officer
This individual will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, senior management and the board of directors to ensure the achievement of the company’s strategic direction and vision.
Critical to the position is strong interpersonal skills, and effective communication both verbal and written. The ability to lead a small team to achieve department and business finance demands is fundamental as is understanding protocol when interacting with management together with maintaining a high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Oversee the smooth and efficient running of the Finance Dept.
- Ensure compliance with statutory authority and audit requirements.
- Maintain integrity of accounting system (software), ensuring it remains effective and operational at all times.
- Ensure all taxation and legislative requirements are complied with at all times and conduct balance sheet reconciliation for review by Senior Management whenever required.
- Analyse business performance / results, providing feedback to Senior Management.
- Track and monitor revenue/ expenditure for accuracy, verifying it against sub ledger report on a monthly basis.
- Ensure monthly accruals are adjusted to meet demands of the business.
- On a monthly basis ensure that hire purchase and leased activities are accounted for and reported to Senior Management.
- Ensure that relevant information is communicated to direct reports enabling them to effectively carry out their functions.
- Delegate tasks to direct reports in line with skill, knowledge and ability and where necessary identify skill gaps and training requirements.
Qualifications & Assets:
- The ability to plan and prioritise workloads in order to meet deadlines is fundamental so too is effective time management of work flow in order to meet accounting deadlines. The ability to work without Management direction, use initiative and possess a positive attitude towards teamwork is critical.
- The capacity to train and coach other members of the department is an expected element of this post so too is the capacity to develop and format procedures and work flow systems which accurately reflect the department’s operations.