The Senior Systems Administrator will be responsible for ensuring the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the company’s corporate IT infrastructure by providing hands-on pro-active server, desktop and telecom administration. In the event of a disruption, this role is vital to the restoration of services to minimize downtime by providing the necessary technical support.
- Plans, deploys, configures and maintains desktops, peripherals, operating systems, standard and custom desktop applications in the production environment in accordance with the change management process.
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems form unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Ensures the stable operation, availability, reliability and service ability of the Company’s windows server, desktop and network environment.
- Ensures minimum downtime and optimal performance through proactive planning, tuning, troubleshooting, forensics and monitoring.
- Manage, administrate and support Windows servers and their associated software and hardware.
- Analyse and provide timely resolution to end user software incidents and connectivity issues while adhering to business aligned service level objectives.
- Provide setup and support for all users’ hardware and software requirements within the business office.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging existing technologies.
- Collaborate with third party contractors to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Perform server and system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Provide orientation and training to end-users for all modified and new systems.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
Qualifications & Assets:
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a similar position.
- Demonstrated experience installing, maintaining, operating, tuning and troubleshooting complex operating systems and applications in a heterogeneous high-volume environment.
- General knowledge of 3CX phone systems and Cisco network equipment, routers and switches. A good knowledge of Internet technologies and concepts such as DNS, routing protocols, TCP and UDP and higher-level protocols such as HTTP, SMTP and FTP is important.
- Mikrotik / Ubiquiti / Cisco SMB experience would be considered an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high-pressure support environment with changing priorities, striving to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.