Terms and Conditions
Waiting time per minute is:
Cars: €0.35 per minute
Vans: €0.50 per minute
Executive: €0.50 per minute
- Grace Period – 10 minutes. No charge will be applied if a client gets into the car within 10 minutes of the booking time. However should boarding happen later than that (for example
after 12 minutes), then the waiting charge will be applied for the full 12 minutes.
- Surcharges may apply for borderline areas.
- Flight Arrivals – Grace Period of 30 minutes applies after flight lands. Official landing
time provided by Malta International
- Ferry Arrivals – Grace Period of 30 minutes applies after ferry berths. Official arrival time provided by Virtu Ferries Ltd.
- Extra Stops – Euro3 per stop in the same zone. Drops in different zones are charged according to the discretion of the Dispatch office
- Soiling – Euro50
- A charge of Euro5.00 applies when handling apartment keys
- Surcharge pricing applies on selected days during the festive season
- Industry norms dictate that departing passengers should be at the airport 2 hours before the flight departs. eCabs recommends airport pick ups to be booked 2.5 hours before the flight departs, giving eCabs a minimum 30 minute time window to get you to the airport. The aforesaid should be strictly adhered to if weather conditions are not favourable. eCabs will not shoulder responsibility for missed flights unless pick ups have been booked 2.5 hours before a flight departs.
- For Ferry departures, passengers are required to be at the port for boarding at least 1 hour before. eCabs will not shoulder responsibility for missed trips unless pick ups have been booked 2 hours before ferry departs.
- Baby Car Seats have to be installed by the passengers due to varying preferences about how and where to place the seat. The driver and the company may not be held responsible for incorrect baby car seat positioning or installation in case of an accident. A charge of €5 applies.
- Supplements apply for Executive Vehicles being booked for Wedding Occassions
- Group Bookings: Unless we are advised beforehand, the full agreed price applies should the number of passengers be reduced.
- Cancellation Fees apply as follows;
1) Full price should the vehicle arrive at the required pick-up point
2) 50% should the booking be cancelled up to 15 minutes prior to the requested pick-up time in St Julians and Sliema area
3) 50% should the booking be cancelled up to 30 minutes prior to the requested pick-up time outside St Julians and Sliema area
- eCABS is not liable for any goods or belongings left behind in our vehicles
- The customer shall be liable for any damage caused by passengers to any passenger vehicle
Any data that is used in the delivery of the service will be processed solely for the intended purpose. By submitting the booking you are consenting processing of the data according to legal requirement and the user will always have the right to be forgotten by sending an email to [email protected]
The booking confirmation and any occasional marketing material will be sent via email (with an option to unsubscribe)
1. What information does eCabs collect from you?
When a booking is confirmed details are recorded securely on the eCabs booking system which hosted by a third party. This data is held on the eCabs server which is hosted by a third-party (“eCabs Server).
For the purposes of data collection as per preceding clause above, the term booking shall be interpreted in its widest sense and shall include any inquiry made through email or website, any complaint or feedback from any channel and any application for a loyalty card or opening an account.
eCabs may collect and process data about you, which data is collected from our various data capture channels as outlined below:
2. Booking /Enquiry/Feedback by Phone
Customers may contact eCabs by phone for multiple reasons including inquiring or booking a cab, leaving feedback or registering a complaint. In order to process such communication eCabs may record such telephone call.
eCabs may record names and surnames, pick up address, date and time, destination and telephone/mobile numbers and any other information necessary for the carrying out of the service being offered.
3. Booking /Enquiry/Feedback in person at Booking Offices
Customers may visit one of eCabs’ booking offices for multiple reasons including inquiring or booking a cab, leaving feedback or registering a complaint. In order to process such request or feedback eCabs may store the data provided by the customer which consists of names and surnames, pick up address, date and time, destination and telephone/mobile numbers and any other information necessary for the carrying out of the service being offered.
4. Booking /Enquiry/Feedback/Account Application by Electronic-mail
Customers may contact eCabs by electronic mail for multiple reasons including inquiring or booking a cab, leaving feedback or registering a complaint, opening an account or to settle payment, or for any other matter, be it general or specific. In order to satisfy the customer’s request eCabs may request names and surnames, pick up address, date and time, destination and telephone/mobile numbers and any other information necessary for the carrying out of the service being offered.
As part of the process the customer is automatically opting in to e-mail communication as part of the service it is requesting or inquiring about. eCabs shall keep a record of all correspondence.
eCabs may also request additional consent for the customer to ‘Opt In’ for marketing purposes which is explained to the customer.
5. Booking /Enquiry/Feedback/Loyalty Card by Website
Customers may submit bookings or enquiries for eCabs’ services through the website www.ecabs.com.mt by inputting and sending personal data. Customers may also send feedback or apply for an eCabs Loyalty Card. Such data consists of names and surnames, pick up address, date and time, destination and telephone/mobile numbers and any other information necessary for the carrying out of the service being offered. eCabs shall keep a record of all correspondence.
eCabs may also request additional consent for the customer to ‘Opt In’ for marketing purposes which is explained to the customer.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
When someone visits our website, eCabs may collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. eCabs do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. eCabs collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone.
eCabs do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website using the data in the logs. eCabs will not associate any log data gathered from our sites with any personally identifying information from any source.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
6. Downloading and using the eCabs Mobile Application (App)
Customers can book eCabs services by downloading and installing an Android (Google) or Apple based mobile App. and registering their personal details.
By downloading, installing and registering with the App., the customer “Opts-In” to receiving “Automated” real-time text notifications which notifications shall include the status of the booked cab using your mobile number and other notifications relating the eCabs services. The customer is also consenting to eCabs receiving personal information when the App is used, and this information is stored securely on the eCabs server. Such information includes contact details such as name, surname, email address, phone number.
7. IP ADDRESSES AND DEVICE INFORMATION
eCabs may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
eCabs may collect information about your mobile telephone or handheld device (“Device”) or any computer you may use to download or stream a copy of our app onto your Device, including, where available the Device’s or Computer’s unique Devise identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information as well as the Device’s telephone number, for system administration.
When you use one of eCabs’ location-enabled services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. Some of our services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use a particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. Your consent can be withdrawn at any time by switching off the location-based services on your Device. If you require further details of how we use location-based services, you can request such information by contacting our Data Controlling Officer on [email protected].
8. WHERE eCABS STORES YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be stored on the eCabs servers situated inside the European Economic Area (EEA). Where necessary it may be transferred to third parties for processing in line with our agreements with such third parties. We require all third parties to whom we disclose personal data to enter into a contract with us which includes stringent confidentiality obligations.
9. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
eCabs use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any bookings that you have made with us.
- to share such information with third party fulfilment companies for the purposes of fulfilling a booking requested by you which is not being carried out by us.
- to ensure that content from our site and our app is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where (if required to do so) you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so. and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer of ours, eCabs will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which eCabs have previously supplied to you.
If you are a new customer, eCabs will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please let eCabs know by our Data Controlling Officer on [email protected].
eCabs may also use and analyse the aggregate (collective data that relates to a group or category of services or customers, from which individual customer identities or characteristics have been removed) information collected through the analytics provision so that eCabs can administer, support, improve and develop their business.
10. RETENTION PERIOD FOR PERSONAL DATA
eCabs retain personal data in the eCabs server for the following periods:
In order to determine the retention period of your personal data, we consider several criteria so that your personal data is not kept for longer than necessary. Such criteria include but are not limited to the
- the reason we hold your personal data.
- statutory obligations including the Laws of Malta and Transport Malta Regulations. We also adhere to any financial reporting obligations.
- whether we deem you to be a regular client which classifications is based on the services you request from us, whether you have chosen to receive our marketing communications and whether you have out App installed.
- whether you are no longer actively participating or engaging with us and whether you have requested eCabs to delete or alter your data; and
- our legitimate business interests in relation to managing our own rights, for example the defence of any claims.
We will retain your information as follows:
- your customer profile and account information (including your technical usage data), for 7 years after you last use our services.
- if you contact us via email we will keep your data for 5 years.
- records of bookings, lost property and complaints for a minimum of 12 months or as per statutory requirements.
11. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
eCabs may disclose your personal information to any member of our group or related company
eCabs may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if eCabs or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets. or
- if eCabs is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, process or request or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and/or any other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of eCabs, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
12. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. eCabs will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes.
You may at any time to withdraw your consent to receive marketing communications from us by using the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of one of our marketing emails.
You have the right to update and correct the personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to request from us all personal information that we hold that relates to you, to request restriction of the processing of that data and to request that we delete that data or object to continued processing where it is excessive or no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected.
Where allowed by applicable law there may be an administrative charge for supply of copies of data and we may also require you to provide us with appropriate identification before we comply with this request. You may also have the right to data portability.
You can exercise any of your rights by contacting our Data Controlling Officer on [email protected].
Directors & Managers specified by the Directors are the only other members of staff to have access to Operational Data other than in the direct course of the booking.
eCabs use CCTV in our booking offices to record the general public purely for the purposes of security & safety of our operational staff and as a deterrent and prevention to crime and criminal activity.
eCabs may attach dash cameras to their vehicles, however such cameras shall never take footage of inside the vehicles.
The CCTV recordings are stored on a ‘Cloud’ system and accessible only by the Directors.
Anyone can ask to see images of recordings taken of them. Any request should be addressed to the Data Controlling Officer on [email protected].